RollinGreens Ground Taco ME’EAT on a bed of yellow corn tortillas chips topped with cheese, picked red onions, diced white onion, tomato, and fresh jalapeno slices.
Serves 1-2 people
For Ground Taco ME’EAT
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Ground Taco ME’EAT
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For Pickled Red Onion
- ¼ red onion
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
For the Nachos
- ½ bag yellow corn tortillas chips
- 3 cup cheddar cheese (optional cheese alternative)
- ¼ white onion
- 1 jalapeno
For the Toppings
- 1 tomato
- Sour cream (optional dairy free alternative)
- For the Ground Taco ME’EAT, bring 2 cups water and olive oil to a boil in a medium pot or pan. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add the entire contents of the Ground ME’EAT and stir well.
- Cook 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the moisture has been absorbed. Turn heat to simmer.
- For the pickled red onion, in a small pot add the ingredients under the pickled red onion tab except the red onion and bring it to a boil. Cut the red onion into ¼ inch slices and add to liquid. Cook onion for 3 minutes and place into a lidded jar once finished cooking. Allow to pickle for 10 minutes or longer.
- For the nachos, preheat oven 350 degrees F. On a sheet pan add the tortilla chips evenly. Add half the cooked Ground Taco ME’EAT, then the cheese.
- Add ½ the pickled onions to top of cheese. Cut the jalapeno into thin slices and add to the top of cheese. Dice the white onion and add to top of cheese.
- Bake until cheese has melted, and chips begin to turn golden brown.
- Finish the dish with diced tomatoes, sour cream, and guacamole.
-Enjoy Chef Ko