RollinGreens Ground Taco ME’EAT, French Fries topped with cheddar cheese and green onions.
Serves: 1-3 people
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Ground Taco ME’EAT
- 2 cups water (Ground Taco)
- 2 T olive oil (Ground Taco)
- 8 oz. Tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 russet potatoes or ½ bag frozen French fries
- 3-4 cups frying oil (high burn point oil like avocado or sunflower oil) If using frozen, you can bake
- Salt for fries
- 1 green onion
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F.
- Add 2 cups water to a medium pot.
- Add olive oil to water.
- Bring to boil, once boiling, reduce heat to medium low and tear off the top of the Ground Taco pack and add contents. Stir well.
- Stir a few times throughout the cook for 7-10 minutes or until most of the moisture has evaporated.
- Add tomato sauce into pot with ground taco and heat to low. Stir. Cook until fries are finished cooking.
- If making fresh French fries, follow these next few steps. Fill large bowl halfway and add salt. (Make sure water is salty like the ocean). Wash and cut potatoes longways into ¼ inch x ¼ inch x length of each potato. Place cut fries directly into the water bath and cover with cellophane.
- Add frying oil to medium sized pot and heat to medium temperature (375 Degrees F.). Once oil is up to temperature, drain fires and pat dry. Get as much water off the fries as possible before adding to oil.
- Place a small number of fries at a time in your hot oil, using a stainless-steel strainer spoon, slotted spoon, or tongs to stir fries until golden brown and fully cooked. Remove from oil onto a few paper towels to drain from any access oil, then salt. Repeat step until all fries are finished cooking.
- If baking frozen fries, preheat oven to 400 Degrees F. and bake until fully cooked and crispy. No need for oil.
- Place cooked fries on a baking tray and cover the center with chili. Top with shredded cheese and bake until cheese is melted (3-5 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and transfer with a spatula to a serving plate.
- Wash and slice ¼ inch rounds of your green onion and add to top of chili cheese fries.
-Enjoy Chef Ko