Spicy Chorizo-Plant-Based ME'EAT
Spicy Chorizo ready in just 7-10 minutes. Taste and ingredients you love. Chef Created! This shelf-stable pack includes 100% plant-based protein made from peas and veggies. Replacing 1 pound of ground pork, one pack has over 60 grams of protein, contains NO SOY, and serves about 8 people. Our pea protein is sustainably USA-grown. Chef Ko’s special recipe ensures your Chorizo is perfectly pre-seasoned and full of flavor. An all in one meal solution! For an elevated experience, make your ground Spicy Chorizo into a sausage! Look to our how to video.
- Shelf-stable item; ships regular ground shipping
- Requires a 2-item minimum order
Pea Protein, Dehydrated Onion, Aleppo Peppers, Sea Salt, Agar-Agar, Smoked Paprika, Beetroot and Carrot Juice (color), Black Pepper, Coriander, Oregano, Cumin, Cinnamon, Cane Sugar, Cloves, Organic Vanilla Extractives.
Clean plant-based protein
Net Weight: 4.5 oz (128 g)
Servings: about 8 per package; approx. (16g dry mix)
- Add 2 cups of water and 3 TBSP of olive oil, or your preferred oil and 2 tsp of vinegar* to a pan or pot and turn heat to high. *Taste may vary depending on your vinegar. Recommended apple cider, white or red vinegar.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add Spicy Chorizo contents to boiling water and stir thoroughly.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes or until water evaporates, stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes.
- For an elevated cooking experience, prepare into a sausage
- To make Chorizo sausages after you have completed the above cooking instructions, take half of the cooked ground Chorizo and lay it in the middle of an 18" piece of cellophane. Fold bottom of the cellophane over the Chorizo in half. Pinch at both ends and roll. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until firm. Eat the sausage within 7 days.
Prefer the regular, spicy chorizo little too spicy
I got the spicy chorizo along with 3 paks of the reg.taco mix. Well, one bag of the reg.taco mix was open and some of the contents had spilled out into the box --- the box that came from RollingGreens. I tried called the 800-number all day long, to tell them this, but NOBODY answered !
Hi Vicki! We left you a few messages, and emailed, so please call us when you get a moment! Thanks so much!
It was terrific and easy to prepare as per instructions and seasoned well with a kick which isn't an issue since the family like spicy food. Great for tacos or burrito bowl. Will definitely re-order.
Too hot. Heat overpowered any sausage taste. Disappointed. Love your Taco meat!
This was bought for my son, but I have yet to receive my order of 6 pkgs of taco “meat” bought 2-3 months ago. This is not good customer service as I don’t have money to throw away
Hi Sue! We are happy we were able to speak and satisfy your request! Thank you!
Food Truck Favorite
Born in Boulder
From our food truck to your family table
Our story began back in 1980, as Boulder, Colorado’s first organic food truck. Co-founder Ryan Cunningham’s parents took to the streets of Boulder to serve their delicious, wholesome meals.
One thing that remains the same since our very beginning is our commitment to inspire socially conscious consumers to live with purpose by eating good food that provides great fuel to live our best lives.
How We Roll
Bigger than any food trend or craze, our plant-centric philosophy means our food is 100% clean and whole. Our products didn’t stem from a lab and are never produced as “Frankenmeat” science experiments. We’re committed to being a clean-label leader, with pure ingredients that you can pronounce, recognize, and enjoy.