Spicy Chorizo ready in just 7-10 minutes. Taste and ingredients you love. Chef Created! This shelf-stable pack includes 100% plant-based protein made from peas and veggies. Replacing 1 pound of ground pork, one pack has over 60 grams of protein, contains NO SOY, and serves about 8 people. Our pea protein is sustainably USA-grown. Chef Ko’s special recipe ensures your Chorizo is perfectly pre-seasoned and full of flavor. An all in one meal solution! For an elevated experience, make your ground Spicy Chorizo into a sausage! Look to our how to video.
- Shelf-stable item; ships regular ground shipping
- Requires a 2-item minimum order
Pea Protein, Dehydrated Onion, Chili Pepper, Sea Salt, Agar-Agar, Smoked Paprika, Beetroot and Carrot Juice (color), Black Pepper, Coriander, Oregano, Cumin, Cinnamon, Organic Cane Sugar, Cloves, Organic Vanilla Extractives.
Clean plant-based protein
Net Weight: 4.5 oz (128 g)
Servings: about 8 per package; approx. (16g dry mix)
- Add 2 cups of water and 3 TBSP of olive oil, or your preferred oil and 2 tsp of vinegar* to a pan or pot and turn heat to high. *Taste may vary depending on your vinegar. Recommended apple cider, white or red vinegar.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add Spicy Chorizo contents to boiling water and stir thoroughly.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes or until water evaporates, stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes.
- For an elevated cooking experience, prepare into a sausage
- To make Chorizo sausages after you have completed the above cooking instructions, take half of the cooked ground Chorizo and lay it in the middle of an 18" piece of cellophane. Fold bottom of the cellophane over the Chorizo in half. Pinch at both ends and roll. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until firm. Eat the sausage within 7 days.
I enjoy all of the RollinGreens products which are such a wonderful, protein-based substitute for "real" meat---I refuse to eat anything previously alive. I highly recommend ordering any of the RollinGreens products---you will not be disappointed.
My boyfriend is a vegetarian and one of his favorite foods is Mexican and he absolutely loved this spicy chorizo. The texture and flavor was right on. This comes dried in a bag and hydrates nicely. It also makes more than you would think by looking at the bag. It fed 3 of us for 2 meals.
Too spicy. Otherwise, tasty. Plain taco meat was really good.
We tried this two ways- the chorizo cooked up as directed and thrown on top pf nachos. This was good flavor but just ok sort of spongy texture. Then we stir fried it into eggs and mushrooms and it was great! We really likes it this way. Nice spicy taste added to eggs. Will buy again. Would also be good for camping as it does not need refrigeration and is easy to cook.
I love the plant baset meeat. I was surprise with the flavor. I used during my lunch with my family. I added avocado and onion and it was so delicious.
Food Truck Favorite
Born in Boulder
From our food truck to your family table
Our story began back in 1980, as Boulder, Colorado’s first organic food truck. Co-founder Ryan Cunningham’s parents took to the streets of Boulder to serve their delicious, wholesome meals.
One thing that remains the same since our very beginning is our commitment to inspire socially conscious consumers to live with purpose by eating good food that provides great fuel to live our best lives.
How We Roll
Bigger than any food trend or craze, our plant-centric philosophy means our food is 100% clean and whole. Our products didn’t stem from a lab and are never produced as “Frankenmeat” science experiments. We’re committed to being a clean-label leader, with pure ingredients that you can pronounce, recognize, and enjoy.