Throwback to our RollinGreens food truck days, with this summer hit. Baked flour tortilla shell filled with a bed of sushi rice, topped with RollinGreens Ground Taco ME’EAT, cheese, sweet potato, avocado, tomato and covered with spicy sour cream on a bed of lettuce and teriyaki sauce.
Serves 1 person
For Ground Taco ME’EAT
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Ground Taco ME’EAT
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For Taco Salad Shell
- 1 flour tortilla
- 1 tbsp oil
For Sushi Rice
- 2 cups sushi rice
- 3 ½ cups cold water
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp sugar
For the Salad
- ¼ cup cheese (optional cheese alterative)
- ½ sweet potato
- ½ cup sour cream (optional dairy free alternative)
- 1 avocado
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes
For the Sauces
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- For the Ground Taco ME’EAT, bring 2 cups water and olive oil to a boil in a medium pot or pan. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add the entire contents of the Ground Taco ME’EAT and stir well.
- Cook 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the moisture has been absorbed. Turn heat to simmer.
- For the sushi rice, wash rice until cloudiness is gone, removing a lot of starch. Strain for 5 minutes. Add rice, water, vinegar, salt, and sugar to pot. Heat pot to high until the rice starts to boil, reduce to low and cover. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until cooked.
- For the taco salad shell, preheat air fryer to 375 Degrees F. or heat to same temperature. In the basket, add tortilla, folding a couple of times to form a shell, add 1 tbsp oil to tortilla and cover both sides. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until shell is golden brown.
- For the salad, cut moon shaped pieces of sweet potato. Once shell is finished cooking, remove, and cook the sweet potato pieces, seasoned with oil. Salt and pepper in the air frier. Cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut avocado into 2-inch pieces. Wash and cut tomato in half. Use one half on top of salad.
- For the spicy mayonnaise, in a small mixing bowl or squeeze bottle, add mayonnaise and hot sauce and mix. If the sauce is too thick, add vinegar or water to thin out.
- For the assembly, build your tower starting with the shell, next add sushi rice, a touch of teriyaki sauce to middle. Top with RollinGreens Ground Taco ME’EAT and then shredded cheese. Add sweet potato pieces followed by sour cream. Add the slice of avocado & top with half a tomato.
- Finish the dish with full lettuce all around the shell and dress with the rest of the teriyaki sauce and spicy mayonnaise.
-Enjoy Chef Ko