RollinGreens Classic Salt & Pepper ME’EAT made into bite size ME’EAT balls served in gravy.
Serves 4-6 people
For Salt & Pepper ME’EAT
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Salt & Pepper ME’EAT
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the Gravy
- 2 T Butter or Olive Oil
- 1 cup Flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 8 oz. vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
For the Garnish
- 2 sprigs parsley
- For the Salt & Pepper ME’EAT, bring 2 cups water and olive oil to a boil in a medium pot or pan. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add the entire contents of the Salt & Pepper ME’EAT and stir well.
- Cook 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the moisture has been absorbed. Turn heat to simmer.
- For the ME’EAT balls, on a baking tray, place a small amount (a couple tablespoons) of cooked ME’EAT in the center of a piece of cellophane and gather all end to the top. Twist and compact the ball firmly. Repeat this step until the preferred number of balls are made. Place the baking tray in refrigerator or freezer to allow to harden.
- For the gravy, in a medium pot or pan, heat to medium and add the flour. Stir flour until it gets hot and starts to get golden brown. Add butter or oil and mix until all the loose flour is incorporated. Add the vegetable stock to pot or pan mixing with a whisk. Stir until the gravy is smooth. Use two cups of water if needed if gravy is too thick. Chop garlic and add to the gravy. Salt to taste once you have the right consistency. Turn the burner to low and cover.
- For the baking of the ME’EAT balls, remove cellophane from balls and place back onto baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until hot.
- For serving, place a layer of gravy on the serving plate. Remove balls from oven and place in a pattern on serving plate. Chop parley and add to each ball.
-Enjoy Chef Ko