RollinGreens Classic Salt & Pepper ME’EAT made into bite size ME’EAT balls served in gravy.
Serves: 2-6 people for appetizer:
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Classic Salt & Pepper ME’EAT
- 2 cups water (Classic Salt & Pepper)
- 2 T olive oil (Classic Salt & Pepper)
- 2 T Butter or Olive Oil
- 1 cup Flour
- ¼ t salt
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 8 oz. vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 sprigs parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F.
- Add 2 cups water to a medium pot.
- Add olive oil to water.
- Bring to boil, once boiling, reduce heat to medium low and tear off the top of the Classic Salt & Pepper pack and add contents. Stir well.
- Stir a few times throughout, cook for 7-10 minutes or until most of the moisture has evaporated.
- On a baking tray place finished balls. With cellophane, place a small amount (a couple tablespoons) of cooked ME’EAT in the center of a piece of cellophane and gather all end to the top. Twist and compact the ball firmly. Repeat this step until the preferred number of balls are made.
- Place baking tray in refrigerator or freezer to allow to harden.
- In a medium pot or pan, heat to medium and add the flour. Stir flour until it gets hot and starts to get golden brown.
- Add butter or oil and mix until all the loose flour is incorporated.
- Add the vegetable stock to pot or pan mixing with a whisk. Stir until the gravy is smooth. Use two cups of water if needed if gravy is too thick. Incorporate small amounts of water at a time.
- Chop garlic and add to the gravy. Salt to taste once you have the right consistency. Turn the burner to low and cover.
- Remove cellophane from balls and place back onto baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until hot.
- Choose your serving plate that has a lip to allow a bed of gravy.
- Place a layer of gravy on the serving plate.
- Remove balls from oven and place in a pattern on serving plate.
- Wash, dry and chop parley and add to each ball (optional)
-Enjoy Chef Ko