RollinGreens Chorizo ME’EAT, Spinach, and onions, filled enchiladas smothered in fresh green chili cream sauce.
Serves 2-3 people
For Chorizo ME’EAT
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Chorizo ME’EAT
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp vinegar
For the Green Chili Cream Sauce
- ½ cup half & half (optional dairy alternative)
- 3 tbsp butter (optional dairy alternative)
- 1/4 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Anaheim chili
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 block cream cheese (8 oz.) (optional cream cheese alternative)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Cooked Chorizo ME’EAT
- ½ lb. baby spinach
- 1/4 onion
- 6 corn tortillas
- 3 tbsp oil
- For the Chorizo ME’EAT, bring 2 cups water and olive oil to a boil in a medium pot or pan. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add the entire contents of the Chorizo ME’EAT and stir well.
- Cook 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the moisture has been absorbed. Turn heat to simmer.
- For the green chili cream sauce, in a sauté pan add 3 tbsp butter and then the onion, garlic, Anaheim chili and jalapeno. Cook until most sides of all vegetables are brown. Cut off the stems of the Anaheim chili and Jalapeno. Add roasted veggies to a blender with the cream cheese, 1 cup of water, sea salt, and half & half. Blend until smooth. Pour a layer of sauce into a baking dish.
- For the enchiladas, preheat oven 350 degrees F. Cut onion into small dice and set aside. In a sauté pan, heat to medium and add spinach, cook until spinach is wilted (2-3 minutes). Remove the spinach from pan and clean pan. Heat the same pan again to medium and add 1-2 t oil and one tortilla. Flip after one minute of cooking then cook for another minute on second side. Repeat this step until all tortillas have been pan fried.
- On the cutting board, place a tortilla down and place ¼ cup chorizo ME’EAT, ¼ cup wilted spinach, and ½ t diced onions and roll. Place into baking dish starting at one end. Repeat above step until all tortillas are filled.
- Cover enchiladas with the remaining sauce or the preferred amount.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes or sauce is bubbling. Remove from the oven and set onto countertop.
-Enjoy Chef Ko