Switch up your salad for this refreshing starter, a wedge of Iceberge lettuce, green onion, tomatoes topped with smokey RollinGreens Ground Taco ME’EAT bits and dressed with ranch.
Serves 4 people
For Ground Taco ME’EAT
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Ground Taco ME’EAT
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8-10 drops liquid smoke
For the Wedge Salad
- 4-6 iceberg wedges
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 3 green onions
For the Ranch Dressing
- ¼ cup half and half (optional dairy free alterative)
- ½ cup sour cream (optional dairy free alterative)
- 1 piece garlic
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- For the Ground Taco ME’EAT, bring 2 cups water and olive oil to a boil in a medium pot or pan. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add the entire contents of the Ground Taco ME’EAT and stir well.
- Cook 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the moisture has been absorbed. Turn heat to simmer.
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees F. Add Ground Taco ME’EAT to a baking sheet, add liquid smoke, then spread throughout the pan evenly. Bake ME’EAT for 10-15 minutes or unit crumbles get crispy.
- For the ranch dressing, in a mixing bowl add half & half, sour cream, chopped garlic, salt, pepper, onion powder, chopped parsley and mix.
- For the Salad, cut 5-6 Iceberg wedges. Wash and dry, then cover and place back into the refrigerator for a cold, crisp, refreshing crunch. Cut tomatoes and green onions into ¼ inch dice. Remove wedges from refrigerator, place each one onto small salad plates. Add diced tomatoes and green onion to each salad. Dress each wedge with ranch. Sprinkle each plate with the smoked crumbles.
-Enjoy Chef Ko