Shepherd's Pie with Taco Pack
Traditional recipe with a futuristic spin from the homeland of Chef Ko’s family heritage, County Cary Ireland
- 1 RollinGreens Taco Pack
- 2 cups water (Taco Pack)
- 1 T olive oil (Taco Pack)
- 3-4 Golden Potatoes
- 1 T Olive oil (Vegetable sauté)
- 1 Onion (Vegetable sauté)
- 3 sticks celery (Vegetable sauté)
- 2 carrots (Vegetable sauté)
- 1 can or bottle of Lager or Pilsner Beer (Vegetable sauté)
- ¼ cup Sour Cream (Mashed potatoes)
- 1/8 cup half & half or heavy whipping cream, or vegan milk (unflavored) (Mashed potatoes)
- ¼ stick of butter (Mashed Potatoes)
- 1 Fresh Garlic clove ((Mashed potatoes)
- 1 t salt (Mashed potatoes)
- Fresh Chives (Mashed potatoes) (Optional)
- 2 T salt (Mashed potato water)
- In a large pot, boil water with salt for the potatoes. Wash potatoes with a scrub brush.
- Once water is up to a boil, add the washed potatoes. Cook until fork tender (20-30 minutes)
- In a medium pot, Add 2 cups of water and 1 T olive oil heat to high and boil. Add Taco Pack, stir and reduce heat to med low. Allow to cook for 7-10 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated.
- Set aside to add into the cast iron pan with the vegetable mixture before baking.
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove carrots and celery from the refrigerator and wash and dry.
- Cut celery and carrots into ¼ inch pieces and set aside.
- Prep your Onion by cutting into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In a Large cast iron pan, add 1 t olive oil to the pan once hot. Add onion and reduce the heat to medium.
- Stir every minute or so until onions are brown, then add carrot. Cook for 3-5 minutes, then add the celery. Stir every minute for 3 minutes.
- Add 1/3 of beer and stir to deglaze the vegetables, repeat two more times.
- Add RollinGreens Taco Pack to Vegetables and mix. Turn heat to low while you mash your potatoes.
- On a cutting board chop garlic fine and add 1 t salt to it and smash it into the garlic, making garlic paste and place in a large mixing bowl. Remove the skin of the potatoes and to bowl. Mash roughly, then add the remaining ingredients that have (Mashed Potato). Finalize your mash to your preferred texture. Add Chives if you choose to use them and give the mash a quick stir.
- Place Mash on top of the vegetable and RollinGreens Taco Pack mixture. Bake for 15-25 minutes, or until mash is golden brown.
-Enjoy Chef Ko