RollinGreens Salt & Pepper ME’EAT, stuffed with roasted poblano and cheddar cheese, topped with all the fixings served with curly fries.
Serves 1 person
For Salt & Pepper ME’EAT
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Salt & Pepper ME’EAT
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter or oil (to cook the burger)
For Cheeseburger Filling
- 1 poblano chili
- 2-3 slices cheddar cheese
For the Bun and Toppings
- 1 brioche bun
- 1 tbsp butter or oil (Bun)
- 2 pieces of lettuce
- 2 slices of tomato
- 4 pickle slices
- 2 slices of red onion
- 1 tsp mustard
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 3 cups frozen curly fries
- For the Salt & Pepper ME’EAT, bring 2 cups water and olive oil to a boil in a medium pot or pan. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add the entire contents of the Salt & Pepper ME’EAT and stir well.
- Cook 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the moisture has been absorbed. Turn heat to simmer.
- For the burger filling, roast poblano chili in a pan or in the oven with a touch of oil and salt. Peel skin off poblano chili after cooked. Take out the stem and seeds and chop into medium size pieces. Dice cheese and add to a small mixing bowl, add poblano chili pieces and mix.
- For burger making, while the ME’EAT is still warm, place a 12-inch piece of cellophane under the lid of your largest jar or a large ring mold. Scoop ¼ cup of ME’EAT into the cellophane and press it all along the bottom and edges allowing room for the filling. Place cheddar and poblano filling into the middle of ME’EAT and cover with another ¼ cup of ME’EAT. Press top into the sides covering all the filling. Fold over the sides of cellophane and then press down firmly in the jar lid or ring mold. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- For the toppings and bun, slice ¼ inch rounds of your red onion, tomato, and pickle (if you don’t have sliced pickles) and set aside. Wash and dry lettuce pieces and set aside. Add butter or oil to a medium sized pan and heat to medium temperature. Toast your bun and remove it from pan and place onto a serving plate. Add the other portion of butter or oil to the same pan and remove burger from the refrigerator and make sure to remove the cellophane as well. Place into pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side. If pan is oven safe, place into the oven for 5-7 minutes. If the pan used is not oven safe just place on the sheet pan next to the curly fries and bake for same amount of time.
- For the fries, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. On a sheet pan, add your curly fries and bake for the suggested time stated on the bag of frozen fries.
- Once the fries and burger are finished cooking, remove from the oven.
- Spread mustard on the bottom bun and a little ketchup on the top bun. Place burger on the bottom bun followed by the onion, tomato, pickles, and lettuce.
-Enjoy Chef Ko