RollinGreens Classic Salt & Pepper ME’EAT and cheese filled chili rellenos topped with green chili, shredded lettuce, and diced tomatoes.
Serves 1 person
For Salt & Pepper ME’EAT
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Salt & Pepper ME’EAT
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For Chili Rellenos
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 2 fresh Anaheim chilies
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cups avocado oil
For the Green Chili and Toppings
- 1 can or jar green chili
- 1/2 cup shredded iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato
- For the Salt & Pepper ME’EAT, bring 2 cups water and olive oil to a boil in a medium pot or pan. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add the entire contents of the Salt & Pepper ME’EAT and stir well.
- Cook 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the moisture has been absorbed. Turn heat to simmer.
- For the chili rellenos, on a baking, rub Anaheim chilies in olive oil and a touch of salt to each. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until skins are peeling off the pepper. Remove from the oven and wrap in foil or in a bowl topped with cellophane. Allow to steam for 5-10 minutes. Remove skins but keep the tops on. Cut a slit from top to bottom, removing as many seeds as possible. Add a quarter to half cup of cooked Classic Salt & Pepper ME’EAT and two pieces of cheese per chili. Leaving enough room to fold over the pepper, sealing the ME’EAT and cheese inside.
- Place into the freezer to allow to firm up, 15 -20 minutes.
- In three flat bottom bowls, or baking dishes, add to one: two eggs and scramble them, to the second add the flour and breadcrumbs with a pinch of salt and pepper and mix, and to the third add breadcrumbs. Remove stuffed chilies from freezer.
- Place to stuffed chilies first into the flour, then the egg bath. Then back into the flour mix covering all sides then back into the egg. Now place into the breadcrumbs and cover thoroughly. Place both chili rellenos on a plate. In a large pan add oil and heat to medium (350 Degrees F.) Place into the fry oil once oil is up to temperature. Cook until all sides are just past golden brown.
- For the green chili, warm green chili and place on the serving plate.
- Place chili rellenos on middle of plate. Finish the dish by washing and cutting the lettuce and tomato and add to the side.
-Enjoy Chef Ko