RollinGreens Classic Salt & Pepper ME’EAT and cheese filled chili rellenos topped with green chili, shredded lettuce, and diced tomatoes.
Serves: 1 person
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Ground Taco ME’EAT
- 2 cups water (Ground Taco)
- 2 T olive oil (Ground Taco)
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 2 fresh Anaheim chilies
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cups frier oil
- 1 can or jar green chili
- 1/2 cup shredded iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato
- Add 2 cups water to a medium pot.
- Add olive oil to water.
- Bring to boil, once boiling, reduce heat to medium low and tear off the top of the Classic Salt & Pepper pack and add contents. Stir well.
- Stir a few times throughout, cook for 7-10 minutes or until most of the moisture has evaporated.
- On a baking tray place washed and dried Anaheim chilies, rubbed in olive oil and a touch of salt to each.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until skins are peeling off the meat of the pepper.
- Remove from the oven and wrap in foil or in a bowl topped with cellophane. Allow to steam for 5-10 minutes. Remove skins but keep the tops on. Cut a slit from top to bottom, removing as many seeds as possible.
- Add a quarter to half cup RollinGreens Classic Salt & Pepper ME’EAT and two pieces of cheese per chili. Leaving enough room to fold over the pepper, sealing the ME’EAT and cheese inside.
- Place into the freezer to allow to firm up, 15 -20 minutes.
- In three flat bottom bowls, or baking dishes, add to one: two eggs and scramble them, to the second add the flour and breadcrumbs with a pinch of salt and pepper and mix, and to the third add breadcrumbs.
- Remove stuffed chilies from freezer.
- Place to stuffed chilies first into the flour, then the egg bath. Then back into the flour mix covering all sides then back into the egg. Now place into the breadcrumbs and cover thoroughly. Place both chili rellenos on a plate.
- In a large pan add oil and heat to medium (350 Degrees F.)
- Place into the fry oil once oil is up to temperature. Cook until all sides are just past golden brown.
- Warm green chili and place on the serving plate.
- Place chili rellenos on middle of plate.
- Finish the dish by washing and cutting the lettuce and tomato and add to the side.
-Enjoy Chef Ko