RollinGreens Salt & Pepper ME’EAT with caramelized onion and peppers, a side of flour tortillas and a pickled jalapeno, onions, and carrot.
Serves 2-4 people
For Salt & Pepper ME’EAT
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Salt & Pepper ME’EAT
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the Sauteed Vegetables
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 onion
For the Pickled Jalapenos
- 1-2 fresh jalapenos
- ½ carrot
- 2 slices of the onion
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
For the Tortillas and Toppings
- 3-4 small flour tortillas
- Sour Cream (optional dairy free alternative)
- For the Salt & Pepper ME’EAT, bring 2 cups water and olive oil to a boil in a medium pot or pan. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add the entire contents of the Salt & Pepper ME’EAT and stir well.
- Cook 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the moisture has been absorbed. Turn heat to simmer.
- For the sauteed vegetables, in a medium to large pan heat to medium. Cut slices of onion and add to pan. Cut slices of peppers and add to pan once onions have caramelized, about 5 minutes. Stir. Once peppers are al dente, remove onions and peppers from pan and place into a serving bowl.
- For the pickled jalapenos, in a small pot add 1 cup of water, ½ cup of vinegar, 1 tsp salt, and ½ tsp sugar and bring to a boil. Add the jalapeno or jalapenos and slices of carrot and onion. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 5 minutes.
- For the tortillas, heat tortillas and place on a baking tray with a piece of parchment on top.
- Place both bowls of ME’EAT and onions and peppers next to tortillas. Add the pickled jalapeno, carrot slices and onion slices to parchment paper.Serve with sour cream.
-Enjoy Chef Ko