Eastern Mediterranean meal the whole family will love. Plant-based Kebobs served with tzatziki, tomato and cucumber salad and flatbread.
Serves: 2-3 people
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Classic Salt & Pepper ME’EAT
- 2 cups water (Classic Salt & Pepper)
- 2 T olive oil (Classic Salt & Pepper)
- ¼ cup onion (Kebob)
- 2 cloves garlic (Kebob)
- 1 egg (Kebob)
- 1 T Shawarma Seasoning (Kebob)
- 1 tsp dried parsley (Kebob)
- 1-2 Roma tomatoes (Salad)
- ½ cucumber (Salad)
- ½ cup feta (Salad)
- 1 T Olive oil (Salad)
- Juice of 1 lemon (Salad)
- Salt & Pepper to fit (Salad)
- 1 Cup Greek yogurt (tzatziki)
- 1 clove garlic (tzatziki)
- ¼ cucumber (tzatziki)
- 3 sprigs fresh dill (tzatziki)
- ½ tsp salt (tzatziki)
- 1/8 tsp sugar (tzatziki)
- 2-3 flatbreads
- 3 skewers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add 2 cups water to a medium pot or pan.
- Add olive oil to water.
- Bring to boil, once boiling, reduce heat to medium low and tear off the top of the Classic Salt & Pepper pack and add contents. Stir well.
- Stir a few times throughout the cook for 7-10 minutes or until most of the moisture has evaporated.
- Place half cooked RollinGreens Classic Salt & Pepper ME’EAT into a mixing bowl and allow to cool. (if feeding more than 1-3 people double the (Kebob Recipe using the full amount of cooked RollinGreens Classic Salt & Pepper)
- Dice onion and garlic and place into a separate mixing bowl.
- Add parsley, one cracked egg and shawarma seasoning to mixing bowl, mix.
- Add the mixture to the bowl of ME’EAT and mix well.
- Divide into thirds and use one third per skewer, forming the mixture around the skewer. Wrap in cellophane and place into refrigerator until firm.
- Remove skewers from the refrigerator and remove cellophane, place on baking sheet, and add oil to each.
- Place into oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, remove from oven, and allow to cool for five minutes.
- Cut tomatoes and cucumbers into ½ inch cubes. Add to a small mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil, juice of one lemon and salt and pepper to fit. Mix, then add feta to top of salad.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add greek yogurt, chopped garlic, cut cucumber, chopped dill, salt and sugar. Mix and place in refrigerator until ready to plate.
- Heat flat bread in oven until hot. Remove from oven and cut into slivers.
- Finish the dish by finding a large family style plate or cutting board. Place cooked kebobs to one side, the salad and tzatziki on the other side in serving bowls with serving spoons and place the flatbread where it fits on your serving dish.
-Enjoy Chef Ko