Puff Pastry stuffed with Taco ME'EAT, cheese & caramelized peppers and onions.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 RollinGreens ME'EAT
- 2 cups water (ME'EAT)
- 1 T olive oil (ME'EAT)
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 roll of Puff Pastry
- 3 cups Cheese-Shredded
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees F.
- Taco Pack: In a medium pot, Add 2 cups of water and 1 tbsp olive oil heat to high and boil. Add Taco ME'EAT, stir and reduce heat to med low. Allow to cook for 7-10 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated.
- Remove Puff Pastry from refrigerator to allow it to warm to room temperature.
- Wash and cut tomato to ¼ inch dice. Place into a bowl.
- In a large pan, heat to medium and add the Sliced Onion. Cook until light brown.
- Remove from pan and add the sliced peppers. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once Peppers are finished cooking to an al dente consistency, place cooked onions back into the pan and stir. Remove from heat and add ¾ of the mix to the RollinGreens Taco ME'EAT and stir.
- Add Cheese to filling and stir.
- Open Puff Pastry and lay out on the parchment paper given in the box.
- Cut into 8 pieces.
- Place about ½ cup of filling into the center of half of the pastry squares.
- Place the other half of the pastry on top of the pasty with the fillings.
- With a fork, press each side of the pocket. Repeat with the remaining and place pack onto the baking try.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15-25 minutes, or until pockets are golden brown and hard.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving
- Place the remaining ¼ of the caramelized onion & pepper mix onto a serving plate and finish the dish by adding the pockets.
-Enjoy Chef Ko