Restaurant style 1/3 lb. RollinGreens Classic Salt & Pepper burger, caramelized onions and mushrooms topped with Swiss cheese served on a buttery brioche bun.
Serves: 1 person
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Classic Salt & Pepper ME’EAT
- 2 cups water (Classic Salt & Pepper)
- 2 T olive oil (Classic Salt & Pepper)
- 1 brioche bun
- Two slices Swiss cheese
- ½ yellow onion sliced
- 3-5 button mushrooms
- 1 t oil or butter (caramelized mushroom)
- 1 t butter (for bun)
- 1 t oil or butter (for burger)
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Add 2 cups water to a medium pot or pan.
- Add olive oil to water.
- Bring to boil, once boiling, reduce heat to medium low and tear off the top of the Classic Salt & Pepper pack and add contents. Stir well.
- Stir a few times throughout the cook for 7-10 minutes or until most of the moisture has evaporated.
- On a piece of cellophane with the top of the mayonnaise jar below (or a ring mold), add 1/3 of RollinGreens Classic Salt & Pepper ME’EAT to top and fold over the sides of cellophane, forming a patty into the lid of the jar or ring mold. Remove from the lid and press patty down on counter, removing all air that may be trapped into the cellophane. Cool in refrigerator or freezer while making the fixings for your burger.
- Slice onion and place into a pan that is at medium heat. Cook until brown, adding water a couple of times to deglaze the onions. Once finished set aside.
- Remove any dirt from mushrooms with a paper towel and cut thin.
- In the same pan you cooked the onions in, not washed, add the butter, and cut mushrooms. Cook until caramelized. Cook for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally.
- In a medium pan, heat to medium and add the butter to toast the bun until golden brown. Remove and place onto serving plate.
- Spread Mayonnaise on the bottom of bun. (Optional)
- Remove burger patty from the refrigerator or freezer and remove the cellophane before adding to pan.
- In the same medium pan, heat to medium and add the butter
- Cook burger for 3 minutes on each side, add the caramelized onions and mushrooms to top of burger then adding cheese slices.
- Cover with a lid and cook until cheese has melted. Remove from pan and set on bottom bun.
- Finish the burger by adding the top buttered bun.
-Enjoy Chef Ko