RollinGreens Chorizo slices, Mexican street corn rounds, on a bed of arugula topped with cotija cheese, sea salt and olive oil.
Serves: 2-4 people
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Chorizo
- 2 cups water (Chorizo)
- 2 T olive oil (Chorizo)
- 2 tsp vinegar (Chorizo)
- 2 large fresh corns in husk
- 2 T mayonnaise (Street corn)
- 1 T Tajin spice (Street corn)
- ½ lb. Arugula
- ½ cup Cotija cheese
- Pinch of sea salt & Black Pepper
- 1 T olive oil
- Add 2 cups water to a medium pot or pan.
- Add olive oil and vinegar to water.
- Bring to boil, once boiling, reduce heat to medium low and tear off the top of the chorizo pack and add entire contents. Stir well.
- Stir a few times throughout, cook for 7-10 minutes or until most of the moisture has evaporated.
- Set aside and place half of the chorizo in a piece of cellophane, fold one half over itself and roll out a sausage, holding from both sides. Refrigerate the Chorizo sausage for 15-20 minutes or until firm.
- In a large pot, fill ¾ full of water and heat to boil and add some sea salt to the boiling water.
- Shuck and wash corn, on a cutting board, cut 2-inch rounds until both corns are cut.
- Add corn rounds to boiling water and reduce heat to medium. Cook until al dente. 3-5 minutes.
- Once corn is cooked, strain and place on baking tray. Using a torch or grill, scorch all side of each corn round.
- With a spatula or butter knife cover all corn kernels with mayonnaise.
- Drizzle each corn round with Tajin spice. Keep on baking tray until placing on arugula.
- Remove Chorizo sausage from refrigerator and place onto cutting board. Remove cellophane from the sausage and cut into ¼ inch rounds.
- On a serving plate, add the ½ lb. of arugula to the center of the plate
- Starting on one side, place the street corn rounds every couple inches around the edge of the arugula. Placing a couple in the center.
- Place the RollinGreens Chorizo sausage slices in between the street corn rounds and place three slices in the very middle.
- Finish the dish by spreading the Cotija cheese evenly throughout the salad. Adding the touch of sea salt & black pepper and drizzling the olive oil on top of everything. Serve family style.
-Enjoy Chef Ko