Four Meatless ME'EATballs made with 1/2 lb. of RollinGreens Classic Salt & Pepper, your favorite marinara, topped with two slices of provolone cheese served on an eight-inch piece of fresh baguette.
Serves: 1 Person
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Classic Salt & Pepper ME’EAT
- 2 cups water (Classic Salt & Pepper)
- 2 T olive oil (Classic Salt & Pepper)
- 8-inch piece of fresh baguette
- Two slices provolone cheese
- ¼ cup onion (Me’Eatball)
- 2 cloves garlic (Me’Eatball)
- 1 egg (Me’Eatball)
- 12 croutons or ¼ cup breadcrumbs (Me’Eatball)
- 1 tsp dried parsley (Me’Eatball)
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add 2 cups water to a medium pot or pan.
- Add olive oil to water.
- Bring to boil, once boiling, reduce heat to medium low and tear off the top of the Classic Salt & Pepper pack and add contents. Stir well.
- Stir a few times throughout the cook for 7-10 minutes or until most of the moisture has evaporated.
- Place half of the cooked ME’EAT into a mixing bowl and allow to cool.
- Dice onion and garlic and place into a separate mixing bowl.
- Crush croutons in a sandwich bag with a rolling pin. If you are using breadcrumbs, skip this step.
- Add parsley, one cracked egg and crushed croutons and mix.
- Add the mixture to the bowl of ME’EAT and mix well.
- Divide into quarters and roll balls. Place on a baking sheet and add ½ tsp to each ball.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven, and add 1 tsp marinara on top of each ball. Place back into oven for 5 minutes.
- Cut bread in half and toast in oven for 3-5 minutes or until starting to brown. Remove from oven and place onto serving plate.
- Heat marinara and add to bottom piece of bread. Place bread with sauce and Me’Eatballs on baking tray and add the slices of provolone. Place back into the oven until cheese has melted, about 3 minutes.
- Spread Mayonnaise bottom of bread. (Optional) to
- A couple of shakes of dried oregano
- Finish the sub by adding the top piece of toasted baguette.
-Enjoy Chef Ko