Smothered green chili tortillas, RollinGreens Chorizo ME’EAT and beans topped cheese eggs, lettuce and tomato.
Serves 1 person
For Chorizo ME’EAT
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Chorizo ME’EAT
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp vinegar
For the Eggs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- Touch of salt & Pepper
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1tsp oil each tortilla
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can or jar green chili
- ½ cup cheddar cheese (optional cheese alternative)
- ¼ cup shredded iceberg
- 1 tomato
- 1 bottle sparkling wine or champagne
- Orange juice
- 1 cup coffee (optional)
- For the Chorizo ME’EAT, bring 2 cups water and olive oil to a boil in a medium pot or pan. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add the entire contents of the Chorizo ME’EAT and stir well.
- Cook 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the moisture has been absorbed. Turn heat to simmer.
- For the eggs, in a small skillet heat to medium, add butter and allow to melt, then crack both eggs into skillet and add a pinch of salt. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until your preferred runniness. Once eggs are finished cooking set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Reheat beans in a small saucepan. Reheat green chili in another saucepan.
- In a small skillet pan fry tortillas in a small amount of oil for each tortilla. Cook until golden brown. Place tortillas on baking tray.
- Add ½ cup of heated beans to one tortilla and place the other tortilla on top of the beans. Add chorizo chunks (about ¼ cup) and just enough green chili to cover the top. Then add the cheddar cheese. Cook for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Slice lettuce thin and cut tomato into small dice.
- On a serving plate add ½ cup hot green chili to the center. Remove the smothered ranchero base from oven and place onto a serving plate. Top with cooked eggs and a dash of black pepper. Finish the dish with the shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes.
- Serve with a mimosa. Ratio-Champaign: Orange Juice 8:2. Coffee Optional.
-Enjoy Chef Ko