Pie dough hand pockets filled with RollinGreens Classic Salt & Pepper ME’EAT, onions, celery, and carrots. Perfect for an afternoon snack.
Serves 2-4 People
For Salt & Pepper ME’EAT
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Salt & Pepper ME’EAT
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For Pie Crust and Filling
- 2 frozen pie crusts
- 1 diced onion
- 2 diced carrots
- 2 diced celery stocks
- 2 tbsp butter or oil
- For the Salt & Pepper ME’EAT, bring 2 cups water and olive oil to a boil in a medium pot or pan. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add the entire contents of the Salt & Pepper ME’EAT and stir well.
- Cook 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the moisture has been absorbed.
- For the hand pies, preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. and allow to de-thaw to room temperature. Dice the onion and set aside. Dice both carrot and celery into small cubes and set aside. In a large pan, heat to medium and add butter or oil. Add diced onions to pan and cook until they start to brown. Add carrots to the onions and cook until carrots get a little color. Add celery to pan and cook until most of the moisture is evaporated and add cooked RollinGreens Classic Salt & Pepper to pan and stir well.
- Make 6-inch pie squares out of the two pie doughs and add ½ cup of filling and fold over and seal ends with a fork. Repeat the above step until desired number of hand pies are made.
- Bake hand pies for 12-15 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
-Enjoy Chef Ko