RollinGreens Classic Salt & Pepper ME’EAT. Pie dough hand pockets filled with our Classic Salt & Pepper ME’EAT, onions, celery, and carrots. Perfect for an afternoon snack.
Serves: 2-4 People
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Classic Salt & Pepper ME’EAT
- 2 cups water (Classic Salt & Pepper)
- 2 T olive oil (Classic Salt & Pepper)
- 2 frozen pie crusts
- 1 diced onion
- 2 diced carrots
- 2 diced celery stocks
- 2 T butter or oil
- Protein of one egg (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Add 2 cups water to a medium pot or pan.
- Add olive oil to water.
- Bring to boil, once boiling, reduce heat to medium low and tear off the top of the Classic Salt & Pepper pack and add contents. Stir well.
- Stir a few times throughout, cook for 7-10 minutes or until most of the moisture has evaporated.
- Remove pie doughs (2) from the freezer, allow to de-thaw to room temperature.
- Dice onion and set aside.
- Wash and dry carrot and celery and dice both into small cubes. Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat to medium and add butter or oil.
- Add diced onions to pan and cook until they start to brown.
- Add carrots to the onions and cook until carrots get a little color.
- Add celery to pan and cook until most of the moisture is evaporated.
- Add cooked RollinGreens Classic Salt & Pepper to pan and stir well.
- In some parchment paper, about 18 inches, place both pie crusts and flatten.
- Cut each crust in half, adding one cup of filling to each.
- Fold pie dough over the filling, trim off extra dough. Seal in the three sides with a fork.
- Repeat above step until desired number of hand pies are made.
- Crack the egg over a small bowl, catching the yolk in the shell, allowing the egg whites to fall into the bowl.
- With a pastry brush, paint on the egg whites to the top of each hand pie. (optional)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until crust begins to brown.
-Enjoy Chef Ko