RollinGreens Salt & Pepper patty, egg, and cheese, just like your favorite drive through. Thrive through the day with this play on a classic breakfast sandwich.
Serves: 1 person
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Classic Salt & Pepper ME’EAT
- 2 cups water (Classic Salt & Pepper)
- 2 T olive oil (Classic Salt & Pepper)
- 1/8 tsp sugar (for 3 oz. ME’EAT patty)
- ¼ tsp fennel seeds (for 3 oz. ME’EAT patty)
- 1 English muffin
- 1 slice American or cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp butter
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Add 2 cups water to a medium pot or pan.
- Add olive oil to water.
- Bring to boil, once boiling, reduce heat to medium low and tear off the top of the Classic Salt & Pepper pack and add contents. Stir well.
- Stir a few times throughout the cook for 7-10 minutes or until most of the moisture has evaporated.
- In a small mixing bowl, add sugar, fennel seeds and 3 oz. of RollinGreens ME’EAT and mix.
- On a piece of cellophane with the top of the mayonnaise jar below, add the contents of the small mixing bowl to cellophane, forming a patty into the lid of the jar. Remove from the lid and press patty down on counter, removing all air that may be trapped into the cellophane. Cool in refrigerator or freezer while making the egg and toasting the muffin.
- Heat a pan to medium. Add butter and ring mold if you have a metal one, if not just crack the egg directly into pan, if so, add egg in the ring mold and cover for 3 minutes or until yolk is soft but whites are fully cooked. Remove egg from ring mold cutting around the edges with a paring knife.
- Remove patty from refrigerator.
- In the same pan you cooked the egg in, add the butter, and add patty, removing the cellophane first.
- Cook patty for 2-3 minutes on medium on each side.
- Toast English muffin.
- Place sliced cheese on bottom half of the muffin, followed by the patty.
- Finish the sandwich by adding the cooked egg and top with the English muffin.
-Enjoy Chef Ko