RollinGreens Salt & Pepper ME’EAT patty, egg, and cheese, just like your favorite drive through. Thrive through the day with this play on a classic breakfast sandwich.
Serves 1 person
For Salt & Pepper ME’EAT
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Salt & Pepper ME’EAT
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For Salt & Pepper ME’EAT Patty
- 1/8 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp fennel seeds
For Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 English muffin
- 1 slice American or cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp butter
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- For the Salt & Pepper ME’EAT, bring 2 cups water and olive oil to a boil in a medium pot or pan. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add the entire contents of the Salt & Pepper ME’EAT and stir well.
- Cook 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the moisture has been absorbed.
- For the sausage patty, in a small mixing bowl, add sugar, fennel seeds and 3 oz. of RollinGreens ME’EAT and mix. On a piece of cellophane with the top of the mayonnaise jar below, add the contents of the small mixing bowl to cellophane, forming a patty into the lid of the jar. Remove from the lid and press patty down on counter, removing all air that may be trapped into the cellophane. Cool in refrigerator or freezer.
- For the egg, heat a pan to medium. Add butter and ring mold if you have a metal one, if not just crack the egg directly into pan, if so, add egg in the ring mold and cover for 3 minutes or until yolk is soft but whites are fully cooked. Remove egg from ring mold cutting around the edges with a paring knife.
- For cooking the sausage patty, in the same pan you cooked the egg in, add the butter, and add patty, removing the cellophane first. Cook patty for 2-3 minutes on medium on each side.
- For the breakfast sandwich, toast English muffin and place sliced cheese on bottom half of the muffin, followed by the patty.
- Finish the sandwich by adding the cooked egg and top with the English muffin.
-Enjoy Chef Ko