Cheesy, creamy, spicy and packed full of veggies in this one pan deliciousness.
Serves: 4-6 People
For Chorizo ME’EAT
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Chorizo ME’EAT
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp vinegar
For Egg Bake
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup Half & Half (Optional dairy free substitute)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1-1lb. bags frozen hash browns
- ¼ cup olive oil (for potatoes)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ yellow onion
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (optional cheese alternative)
- For the Chorizo ME’EAT, bring 2 cups water and olive oil to a boil in a medium pot or pan. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add the entire contents of the Chorizo ME’EAT and stir well.
- Cook 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the moisture has been absorbed. Turn heat to simmer.
- For the egg bake, preheat oven to 375 Degrees F. In a large baking dish, add the bag of hash browns. Add olive oil and mix. Spread potatoes evenly on the bottom and side like a pie crust. In large mixing bowl, add all cracked eggs and the half & half, salt, and pepper. Mix with whisk and add to baking dish.
- Dice onion, green and red bell peppers and add to baking dish. Spread evenly throughout the egg bake.
- Break apart the cooked Chorizo ME’EAT into large pieces and spread though out the pan. Leave out 6-8 chunks of Chorizo for the top after the cheese. Top the casserole with the cheese, then the remaining Chorizo.
- Bake for 20-40 minutes, or until eggs are cooked. Place baking pan on to a baking sheet, this helps in case of spillage. Remove carefully from oven.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
-Enjoy Chef Ko