Rich in flavor, this quesadilla packs a punch of cheesy goodness. Grilled to perfection served with fresh salsa topped with green onion.
Serves: Appetizer for up to 3
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Spicy Chorizo ME’EAT
- 2 cups water (Chorizo)
- 3 T olive oil (Chorizo)
- 2 t vinegar (Chorizo)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 green onion sprig
- ¼ t sea salt (Salsa)
- 1 fresh jalapeno (Salsa)
- ½ yellow onion (Salsa)
- 2 cloves garlic (Salsa)
- 2 tomatillos (Salsa)
- 3 small tomatoes (Salsa)
- ½ t dried oregano (Salsa)
- Add 2 cups water to a medium pot or pan.
- Add olive oil and vinegar to water.
- Bring to boil, once boiling, reduce heat to medium low and tear off the top of the Chorizo pack and add contents. Stir well.
- Stir a few times throughout the cook, cook for 7-10 minutes or until most of the moisture has evaporated.
- Shred Cheese if needed while the Chorizo is cooking.
- In a pan heat to medium and add washed jalapenos, de-skin tomatillos, onions, and garlic, and add to the pan with tomatoes. Allow some sides to brown, cook for about five minutes. Add a dash of salt and oregano and remove from heat. Add to blender or food processor and pulse until chunky.
- Add fresh salsa to serving bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat to medium and place a tortilla down. Add 1 cup shredded cheese and ¼ of Chorizo and cover with another tortilla.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes or until cheese has melted and tortilla is golden brown.
- Flip and cook on the other side for same amount of time or until tortilla is golden brown.
- Remove quesadilla and repeat steps for the other quesadilla.
- Cut once cooked and place onto serving plates.
- Top with chopped green onion and a side of fresh salsa.
-Enjoy Chef Ko