Quiche filled with RollinGreens Chorizo ME’EAT, onions, red and green bell pepper, eggs topped with cheese.
Serves: 3-4 people
For Chorizo ME’EAT
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Chorizo ME’EAT
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp vinegar
For the Quiche
- 1 Frozen pie crust
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup half & half (optional dairy free alternative)
- ½ onion
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ green bell pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheese (optional cheese alternative)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- For the Chorizo ME’EAT, bring 2 cups water and olive oil to a boil in a medium pot or pan. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add the entire contents of the Chorizo ME’EAT and stir well.
- Cook 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the moisture has been absorbed. Turn heat to simmer.
- For the quiche, place pie crust onto a baking tray and add ½ cup of shredded cheese to base of crust. Bake the crust for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and set on the countertop.
- In a large mixing bowl crack eggs and add half & half and salt. Whisk together until fully incorporated. Cut onion, red and green bell pepper into small dice and add to egg mix. Pour the egg mix into pie crust. Make sure not to overfill the pie crust, leaving enough room for some chorizo.
- Add chorizo chunks every few inches, so each slice will have a couple pieces of ME’EAT. Top with the remaining cheese and bake for 35-40 minutes or until fully cooked. How to tell if it is fully cooked: Cheese should be golden brown. Test middle by placing a butter knife in and out of the center. When removed, there is no wet egg.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10-20 minutes. Cut into slices and place on serving plates.
-Enjoy Chef Ko