Quiche filled with RollinGreens Chorizo ME’EAT, onions, red and green bell pepper, eggs topped with cheese.
Serves: 3-4 people
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Chorizo
- 2 cups water (Chorizo)
- 2 T olive oil (Chorizo)
- 2 tsp vinegar (Chorizo)
- 1 Frozen pie crust
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup half & half
- ½ onion
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ green bell pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Add 2 cups water to a medium pot or pan.
- Add olive oil and vinegar to water.
- Bring to boil, once boiling, reduce heat to medium low and tear off the top of the chorizo pack and add contents. Stir well.
- Stir a few times throughout the cook for 7-10 minutes or until most of the moisture has evaporated.
- Place pie crust onto a baking tray and add ½ cup of shredded cheese to base of crust.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and set on the countertop.
- In a large mixing bowl crack eggs and add half & half and salt. Whisk together until fully incorporated.
- Cut onion into small dice and add to egg mix.
- Wash and dice red and bell pepper and add to egg mix. Stir egg mix.
- Pour egg mix into pie crust. Make sure not to overfill the pie crust, leaving enough room for some chorizo.
- Add chorizo chunks every few inches, so each slice will have a couple pieces of ME’EAT.
- Top with the remaining cheese and bake for 35-40 minutes or until fully cooked. How to tell if it is fully cooked: Cheese should be golden brown all the way to the middle. Test middle by placing a butter knife in and out of the center. When removed, there is no wet egg.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10-20 minutes. Cut into slices and place on serving plates.
-Enjoy Chef Ko