Puff Pastry filled with RollinGreens Ground Taco ME’EAT served with Chimichurri sauce.
Serves 2-4 people
For Ground Taco ME’EAT
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Ground Taco ME’EAT
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the Empanadas
- 1 Package of puff pastry
For the Chimichurri Sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1 large clove of garlic
- ¼ tsp chili flake
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- For the Ground Taco ME’EAT, bring 2 cups water and olive oil to a boil in a medium pot or pan. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add the entire contents of the Ground Taco ME’EAT and stir well.
- Cook 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the moisture has been absorbed. Turn heat to simmer.
- For the empanada, preheat Oven to 400 degrees F. Open puff pastry and cover with a damp cloth so your wraps do not dry out. Once ready to cut, uncover dough and cut 3–4-inch circles with a ring mold, cup, or bowl.
- Place the dough circles onto a baking sheet. Place ¼ cup cooked Ground Taco into each circle. Fold circle over to make a half-moon, sealing the edges with a fork. Paint the tops with olive oil and make three small cuts on top for steam holes. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- For the chimichurri sauce, chop garlic fine and add 1 tsp salt to it and smash it into the garlic, making garlic paste and place in a small mixing bowl. Chop parsley fine, and add the olive oil, vinegar, and chili flake and stir.
- Serve on your favorite serving platter or your favorite eating plate. Serve chimichurri with a spoon and individual dipping dishes on the side.
-Enjoy Chef Ko