Chef Ko's Empanadas
Puff Pastry filled with RollinGreens Taco Pack served with Chimichurri dipping sauce
- 1 RollinGreens Taco Pack
- 2 cups water (Taco Pack)
- 1 T olive oil (Taco Pack)
- 1 Package of Puff Pastry
- ¼ cup Olive Oil (chimichurri)
- 1 bunch Flat leaf Parsley (chimichurri)
- 1 large clove of garlic (chimichurri)
- ¼ t Chili Flake(chimichurri)
- 1/8 cup Red Wine Vinegar (chimichurri)
- 1 t Salt (chimichurri)
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium pot, Add 2 cups of water and 1 T olive oil, heat to high and boil. Add Taco Pack, stir and reduce heat to medium low. Allow to cook for 7-10 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated.
- Set aside and cover to keep in the moisture.
- Remove puff pastry from the refrigerator and open. Cover with a damp cloth so your wraps do not dry out. Once ready to cut, uncover dough and cut 3–4-inch circles with a ring mold, cup or bowl.
- Place the dough circles onto a baking sheet. Place ¼ cup RollinGreens Taco Pack into each circle.
- Fold circle over to make a half moon, sealing the edges with a fork. Paint tops with Olive oil and make three small cuts on top for steam holes.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- Chimichurri Dipping Sauce: On a cutting board, chop garlic fine and add 1 t salt to it and smash it into the garlic, making garlic paste and place in a small mixing bowl. Wash and dry parsley, chop fine.
- Add all ingredients that have (chimichurri) to a small mixing bowl. Whisk together and place into personal dipping dishes.
- Serve on your favorite serving platter or your favorite eating plate. Serve chimichurri with a spoon and individual dipping dishes on the side.
-Enjoy Chef Ko