This Classic dish done vegetarian with this RollinGreens Chorizo ME’EAT, lasagna noodles, marinara, ricotta, topped with mozzarella cheese.
Serves: 4-6 People
For Chorizo ME’EAT
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Chorizo ME’EAT
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp vinegar
For the Lasagna
- 1 pack no boil lasagna noodles
- 1-2 jars of favorite marinara
- 1 container ricotta
- 2 cups mozzarella
- ½ cup parmesan
- 1 tbsp olive oil.
- For the Chorizo ME’EAT, bring 2 cups water and olive oil to a boil in a medium pot or pan. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add the entire contents of the Chorizo ME’EAT and stir well.
- Cook 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the moisture has been absorbed. Turn heat to simmer.
- For the lasagna, preheat oven to 375 Degrees F. In a large pot or bowl, soak ¾ pack of no boil lasagna noodles. About 15-20 sheets.
- In a baking dish, add 2 T olive oil and ½ cup of marinara sauce.
- Add a layer of noodles overlapping them ½ inch. Add ½ cup of marinara followed by ½ of the cooked chorizo.
- Add another layer of noodles followed by the whole container of ricotta, spread evenly on the naked noodle layer.
- Add a layer of noodles followed by ½ cup of sauce and almost the rest of the Chorizo, leaving out 6-8 chunks for the top.
- Finish the layers with a layer of noodles, cover the whole lasagna with sauce, then top with mozzarella, parmesan and 1 T olive oil. Note, leave ½ inch space at the top of pan.
- Place baking pan on to a baking sheet, this helps in case of spillage.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake until cheese is browning, about 5-10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
-Enjoy Chef Ko