Traditional Cabbage rolls stuffed with RollinGreens Ground Taco ME'EAT and rice, baked in a tomato sauce.
For Ground Taco ME’EAT
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Ground Taco ME’EAT
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the Rice
- 2 cups rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp sea salt
For the Cabbage Roles
- 4-8 leaves cabbage
- 1 jar favorite marinara sauce
- For the Ground Taco ME’EAT, bring 2 cups water and olive oil to a boil in a medium pot or pan. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add the entire contents of the Ground Taco ME’EAT and stir well.
- Cook 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the moisture has been absorbed. Turn heat to simmer.
- For the rice, in a medium pot, add the rice and 3 cups of water and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and cover until finished cooking (15-20 minutes)
- For the cabbage, in a third pot, add two inches of water and salt. Place steam rack into pot. Take 5-9 cabbage leaves as needed plus one or two just in case one breaks, and place on top of the steam rack. Cover with lid. Steam for 10 minutes or until the cabbage softens. Remove from cabbage and set aside for rolling.
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees F, place rice and Ground Taco ME’EAT into large mixing bowl and stir.
- In a casserole baking dish with sides, add 2 cups of sauce.
- Fill each cabbage leaf with 1 cup of mixture and roll.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until cabbage starts to brown.
-Enjoy Chef Ko