Plant-Based RollinGreens Ground Taco ME’EAT in 1/2 fried tortillas. A throwback to our food truck days.
Serves 4 people
For Ground Taco ME’EAT
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Ground Taco ME’EAT
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the Tacos
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- 3 cups avocado oil
- 3 cups shredded cheese (optional cheese alternative)
- 8-10 Cherry tomatoes
- 8 leaves Romain or Iceberg Lettuce-Shredded
- Favorite taco sauce
- Sour Cream (optional dairy free alternative)
- For the Ground Taco ME’EAT, bring 2 cups water and olive oil to a boil in a medium pot or pan. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add the entire contents of the Ground Taco ME’EAT and stir well.
- Cook 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the moisture has been absorbed. Turn heat to simmer.
- For the tacos, cut lettuce into ¼ inch shred and place in a bowl. Cut tomato to ¼ inch dice and place into a bowl.
- In a large pan, heat to medium one inch of oil. Heat to medium. Fold tortilla in half and hold top of tortilla with tongs. Place the bottom of the tortilla in the oil gently and cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown and firm. Remove from oil and place aside on a plate with a paper towel down to absorb the extra oil. Repeat with all tortillas.
- Add about ¼ cup cooked Ground Taco ME’EAT to each shell.
- Then layer with cheese. Layer shredded lettuce next and follow with tomatoes. Add your favorite taco sauce.
- Place all Tacos onto a serving plate and finish the dish with sour cream.
-Enjoy Chef Ko