Smothered Taco Pack & Bean Burrito Plate
Burritos filled with Taco Pack served and refried beans smothered in Green Chili topped with Shredded Lettuce and diced tomatoes with a side of Spanish rice and refried honey beer beans.
Ingredients: Appetizer 4
- 1 RollinGreens Taco Pack
- 2 cups water (Taco Pack)
- 1 T olive oil (Taco Pack)
- 2 Cup Basmati Rice (Jasmine Rice is fine) (Spanish Rice)
- 3 cups water (Spanish Rice)
- 1 T Salt (Spanish Rice)
- ½ can diced tomatoes. (Spanish Rice)
- ¼ onion (Spanish Rice)
- 2 Garlic cloves (Spanish Rice)
- 2 cans refried Beans (Honey Beer Beans)
- ¼ onion (Honey Beer Beans)
- 1 T Honey or Agave if Vegan
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 1 Pilsner or Lager Beer, Bubbles work as well. (Honey Beer Beans)
- 4 Large Flour Tortillas, GF is fine
- 1-1/2 Onions (Green Chili)
- 5 Cloves Garlic (Green Chili)
- 1 Veg Stock.
- ½ can diced tomatoes (Green Chili)
- 5-7 Anaheim Chilies (Green Chili)
- 1 T Salt (Green Chili)
Instructions: Green Chili
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cover the baking sheet with foil.
- Cut apple wedge pieces of onion from the remaining 1 ½ onions. Place on bake sheet.
- Remove outside of garlic. Place on bake sheet.
- Wash and dry chilis and place on the same bake sheet as the onions and garlic.
- Drizzle all veg in olive oil and salt.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes, or until veggies are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and set on the counter or range.
- Deskin and deseed all the chilis.
- and place ½ the veg in a blender, cut the other half of the Chilis while leaving the onion and garlic whole.
- In a large pot, add cooked veggies, blended veggies, ½ can diced tomatoes, and veg stock.
- Cook on med- low until you're ready to smother your burritos.
Instructions: Taco Pack
- Taco Pack: In a medium pot, Add 2 cups of water and 1 T olive oil heat to high and boil. Add Taco Pack, stir and reduce heat to med low.
- Allow to cook for 7-10 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated. Add ¼ of Taco Pack to each tortilla placed on baking sheet. For easy assembly.
Instructions: Honey Beer Beans
- In a large pan, heat to medium heat.
- Prep ½ of one of your onions by cutting into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Add 1 T Olive oil to the pan. Wait 5-10 seconds to allow the oil to get hot.
- Add cubed onion and stir. Allow the onion to sweat but not get any color.
- Open cans and remove beans into pan and mix.
- Add honey or agave and beer or bubbles and stir with a spoon.
- Allow beans to reduce to smooth consistency that is almost as thick as how they come in the can. Make sure to place heat on low and stir every couple minutes.
- Add a scoop of beans to each tortilla.
Instructions: Spanish Rice
- In a medium pot, add 3 cups of water, ½ can diced tomatoes, ¼ onion, 2 cloves garlic, 1 t Salt, and 1 T of your preferred oil and heat to high and boil. Add rice, stir, and reduce heat to med low and cover. Allow to cook for 20 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated and rice is fully cooked.
Instructions: Making the plates while baking the burritos
- In a large baking dish add 2 cups of your green chili.
- Roll burritos and place into a baking dish.
- Cover with green chili and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the burritos are cooking, wash, dry and cut the lettuce.
- Cube tomato.
- On each plate add rice and beans.
- Once burritos are finished cooking, remove from the oven and place one burrito on each plate.
- Finish each dish with lettuce and tomato.
-Enjoy Chef Ko