One pan plan for the whole family packed with veggies and RollinGreens Chorizo. This traditional rice dish will have the whole family and friends scooping more.
Serves: 2-6 people
- 1 Bag RollinGreens Chorizo
- 2 cups water (Chorizo)
- 2 T olive oil (Chorizo)
- 2 tsp vinegar (Chorizo)
- 2 cups long grain white rice, washed
- 3 cups water (Rice)
- 1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1 yellow or white onion
- 5-8 button mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 mini red bell peppers
- 2 mini orange bell peppers
- 1 mini yellow bell pepper
- 1 T olive oil
- 10 sprigs Italian parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add 2 cups water to a medium pot or pan.
- Add olive oil and vinegar to water.
- Bring to boil, once boiling, reduce heat to medium low and tear off the top of the chorizo pack and add contents. Stir well.
- Stir a few times throughout the cook for 7-10 minutes or until most of the moisture has evaporated.
- Set aside for rice, tomato sauce and water go into the pan.
- Clean mushrooms with paper towel and cut into quarters like an apple.
- In the largest pan you own (or paella pan) heat on burner to medium.
- Cut mushrooms and then add oil to pan.
- Cut onion and add to pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until onions start to brown.
- Cut green bell pepper into cubes and add to pan. Stir.
- Measure and wash rice in a grain colander and allow to drain.
- Add washed rice, tomato sauce and water to pan, spreading the rice and vegetables evenly throughout the pan.
- Break up the RollinGreens Chorizo into large chunks and place every two inches around the pan until all Chorizo is used.
- Wash and slice mini bell peppers into rings and spread evenly around the pan. Add salt.
- Cover lid of pan (oven safe) or just cover with foil.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes or until rice is fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven and remove the lid or foil. Chop parsley fine and top the Paella.
- Serve family style.
-Enjoy Chef Ko