Plant-Based Seitan Maple Roasted Turkey Breast
Handmade 80/20 Protein to gluten that gives the roast a heavier feel, Roasted and sliced to perfection for all of your family and friends that love the classic plating of Thanksgiving!
- 2 lb. bag bread flour
- 6 cups water (Dough)
- Bowl of cold water
- 1 T Salt
- ½ t Pepper
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 2 T Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add flour to a large mixing bowl. (Use stand mixer with dough hook)
- Measure out six cups of water.
- Slowly incorporate the water into the dough while stirring with a fork.
- Once there is enough water into the flour to make a ball, remove from bowl, place on stone or floured cutting board. Knead for 3 minutes or as much as you can give it.
- Place kneaded dough into large bowl of cold water, allow to sit for 15-30 minutes.
- Place bowl into clean sink.
- Massage the dough removing 80% of the gluten.
- You should end up with around 1 lb. of finished breast roast.
- On a half baking sheet, place Seitan onto pan and make into a turkey breast shape, half moon, straitened at one end.
- Add Salt and Pepper to top with Olive Oil.
- Place into oven and bast with maple syrup every 15 minutes.
- Cook around an hour or until golden brown and firm.
-Enjoy Chef Ko