Spanakopita Cups with GrapefruitCaviar
Cupcake parchment spanakopita topped with smoked grapefruit caviar
- 2 packs of Phyllo cups
- ¼ Grapefruit
- 2 tbsp spoon Olive Oil
- ½ Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic
- ½ block of firm Tofu
- 4 oz. Feta Cheese
- 4 eggs
- ¾ lb. fresh Spinach
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Smoking wood chips
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Peel the grapefruit.
- Using no more than two slices, peel off the skin, and breaking up the caviar like meat pieces onto a baking tray with foil.
- In Foil add the smoking chips, folding into a sealed sandwich shape. Poke holes into the top side.
- If you have a gas stove top, place wood chip foil directly on the flame until smoke appears.
- Place with tongs the foil of wood chips onto to the tray of grapefruit caviar.
- Place into oven and bake/smoke at 200 Degrees F. for 5-10 minutes
- Change oven to 375 Degrees F.
- Wash spinach and dry.
- Chop onion to ¼ inch dice.
- Mince garlic.
- In a large pan, heat to med-high, and add oil.
- Add chopped onions to pan and cook until golden brown.
- Add garlic and stir, cook for 30 seconds, and then add ½ of the spinach and cook until wilted and add a touch of salt. Cook for about 2 minutes and turn off heat.
- Wash the exterior of the tofu carton, I will show you a trick on why the carton is shaped the way it is.
- Remove the tofu and discard soy water, cut tofu in half and pat dry with a couple paper towels, using a dry paper towel, wrap it and place it on the tofu carton flipped upside down. Place a pan or plate on top of the tofu, and therefore the carton is shaped this way. Hope you enjoy this tip for getting the extra moisture out of your tofu for a light fluffy tofu.
- Chop the remaining of spinach into fine strips.
- In a large mixing bowl add, cooked mix, fresh spinach, feta, tofu, eggs and the rest of the salt.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Remove the Phyllo Cups from the freezer and remove them from the packaging.
- Place Phyllo Cups unto a Baking tray and fill each one with a heaping tablespoon of filling.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops are turning golden.
- Place on serving tray and top with grapefruit caviar.
-Enjoy Chef Ko