Southern Cheesy Breakfast Casserole
RollinGreens Ancient Grain Millet Tots, plant-based breakfast sausage, red onion and red & green bell pepper smothered in a Ripple cheesy sauce.
- 2 boxes Onion & Sea Salt Ancient Grain Tots (Blue Box) or Sweet Potato & Poblano Tots (Red Box) · 2 tablespoons Olive Oil (1 for cheesy sauce, 1 for tots)
- 2 Cups Ripple Milk
- 1 Cup Ripple Half & Half
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 Carrot
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 2 tablespoons starch (Arrowroot) or flour + ¼ cup of water
- 1 package of plant based meat
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Place tots on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or foil for easy clean up.
- Spray or drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil on top of tots
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oven and set aside while you prepare the remaining ingredients
Ripple Cheese Sauce
- In a medium pot, turn heat to med low and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to pan
- Dice onion and garlic and add to hot pot
- Slow cook and turn once golden brown on each side. 2-3 minutes
- Add Ripple Half and Half to the pan
- Chop carrots, then place in blender. Add 2 cups of Ripple Milk and blend until smooth.
- Add blended milk to pot and stir, reduce heat to low and add 1 teaspoon of salt and stir.
- Make a slurry of starch. To do this, put your starch into ¼ cup of cold water and whisk together until there are no clumps. Add slurry to pot, whisk thoroughly. Stir until thickens.
Veggies and Sausage
- Wash peppers into ¼ dice. Dice onion to the same size as pepper.
- Add chop sausage.
- Heat a pan on medium and sauté the onion, peppers, and sausage for 5 minutes or until you achieve a nice color. Turn off heat and set aside for assembly.
- Pick out your favorite 8 x 8 casserole dish, and place tots and cooked veggies & sausage
- Until the sauce is set and bubbling. Add cheesy sauce and place into a preheated oven and bake at 400 degrees F. for 20 minutes or until hot Enjoy Chef Ko!