Roasted Acorn Squash mash
Half cut Acorn Squash filled with mashed Acorn Mash topped with Hazelnuts & Pomegranate
Appetizer for 4-8 people
- 1 large Acorn Squash
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- ¼ cup Half & Half
- ¼ cup Hazelnuts
- ¼ Palm Granite
- 1 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash, dry, cut in half and deseed acorn squash
- Rub squash with a touch of olive oil and salt.
- On a baking tray, add acorn squash and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Bake squash until top gets color.
- Chop nuts and place on a baking tray, roast nuts for 5 minutes or until golden.
- With one half of the squash, scoop out the innards and place into a mixing bowl.
- Add the Half & Half, remaining oil and salt and mash with a potato masher until smooth.
- Add mash to the second half of the acorn shaped like a bowl, add to scooped out center.
- Place onto a serving dish and top with nuts and Palm granite.
- Serve at any Holiday meal instead of the classic sweet potato pie.