Served on a petite pie crust, and topped with fresh apple tops and glazed in apricot jam.
Serves 4-8 people
- A dozen assorted apples
- 2 cups of instant oats
- 1 frozen pie dough
- ½ cup of brown or cane sugar
- 3 T apricot jam
- 1 lemon
- 2 T Butter
- 1 t salt
- 1 T Vanilla
- 1/8 t cinnamon
- 1/16 t nutmeg
- In a large mixing bowl, add cold water halfway up.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a firm and sturdy cleanable cutting board, remove the bottom ¼ inch of the apples, allowing a flat surface. Placing them all on the cutting board.
- Using a coring tool, remove each core from the apples and placing them into the lemon bath. Discard the cores.
- Remove all the apple skin and place the apples into lemon bath.
- Once all apples are cored, skins removed and have a flat bottom, its now time to work on the rub and pie crusts. Keep your apples in the lemon bath until you are ready to coat them.
- Remove pie crust from the freezer. With a cup or ring mold the size of the mini apple, cut out 14 (two extra just in case). Place on baking tray and allow 2-3 inches between each pie dough to bake.
- In a large mixing bowl, add, oats, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Stir.
- With a fork, mash butter into the dry mix until all butter is coats all the spiced oats.
- Remove the apples from the lemon bath, and rub each apple with the dry mix.
- Place each rubbed apple onto the baking tray, on top of the mini pie plates.
- Place the remaining filling in the middle of each apple.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes without the tops, place tops in small bowl of lemon water. Dispose of the remaining water.
- Once pies are finished baking, remove from the oven and place on hot pads or on a temperature safe countertop.
- Put the tops back on each apple.
- Glaze apples with apricot jam.
- Transfer to your favorite dessert plate.
-Enjoy Chef Ko