French Onion Soup with Millet Tots
Classic French Onion Soup done gluten free. Topped with RG’s Onion & Sea Salt Tots smashed and broiled with swiss cheese on top.
- 1 box RollinGreens Onion & Sea Salt Millet Tots
- 1 bag sliced swiss cheese
- 3 yellow onions
- 1 veg stock (beef is traditional)
- 10 cups water
- ½ cup red wine (Optional)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 3-8 sprigs of thyme
- 2 tbsp butter or oil
- Salt to fit
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place tots in preheated oven for 7-10 minutes. Remove from oven and cluster into groups of 5 and smash down with spatula
- Place 2 slices of swiss to each cluster and bake for 7 minutes or until cheese is melted to your liking.
- Once done set aside to top the soup when it has finished cooking.
- Cut onions to ¼ inch slices.
- Add butter to pot on medium heat.
- Add onions and cook until you see golden brown color.
- Deglaze onions up to 20 times with your chosen cooking stocks, wine and water. And cover in between deglazes.
- Once finished add chopped garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining of your stock and water.
- Add herbs and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to med-low and cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Add salt to fit.
- In your serving bowls, fill with soup and top with cheesy tot smasher and bake or broil for 1-3 minutes.
-Enjoy Chef Ko