Appetizer for 4-8 people
- 1/lb of Spinach
- 1 yellow or white onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 stick butter
- 1- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 8 oz. Half & Half
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 6 oz. cheddar cheese
- 1 can or jar artichoke hearts in oil
- 2 French Baguettes
- ½ cup Pickled Jalapeno Nacho Slices (one small jar)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut French Bread on a bias, place all pieces on a baking try.
- Drizzle and dust each piece with olive oil and salt.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until edges turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place on serving platter.
- In a small saucepan, turn heat to med-low and add butter to pan.
- Add onion wedges and whole garlic cloves and cook until golden brown.
- Turn heat to low and add half & half, sour cream, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese. Add ½ of the spinach to saucepan, and the other half place into blender with artichoke hearts (drained).
- Add saucepan content to blender, pulse until almost smooth. If you want it spicy, now is the time to strain the pickled jalapenos nacho slices into the blender for once last quick pulse.
- Place dip into a cast iron pan and place into the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Broil for last one minute or until you achieve a top char.
- Remove from oven, place onto heat safe surface. (Caution: very hot)
- Allow dip to cool for 5-10 minutes and serve with crostini’s.
-Enjoy Chef Ko