Creamy Cauliflower Chowder Shooters
Serves 4-8 people
- 1 yellow or white onion
- 1/2 head of fresh cauliflower
- 1/2 bag of RollinGreens Cauliflower Wings (Sweet Mustard flavor, save save pack for a salad dressing later)
- 1 stick of celery
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 T olive oil
- 3 small yellow potatoes
- 1 can of corn (use fresh when available)
- 4 cups of water
- 2 sprigs of Thyme
- 2 leaves of sage
- 1/2 t sea salt
- dash of black pepper before served
- In a medium pot, heat to low
- Cut onion and celery into ¼ inch dice
- Add olive oil to pan followed by the cut onion. Cook for 3 minutes then add the celery.
- Wash and dry head of cauliflower and remove half and break into florets.
- Stir onions and celery, and add the florets and stir once more.
- Cook for 9 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add whole cloves of garlic and stir.
- Remove RollinGreens wings from freezer, and add ½ the amount into the pot. Place the remaining wings back into the freezer with sauce pack until next use.
- Stir the frozen wings into the other vegetables.
- Place one sprig of thyme and the two sage leaves whole into the pot.
- Chop fine the remaining sprig of thyme and add to the pot and stir.
- Add water and bring to boil.
- Wash potatoes and dice ¼ inch cubes. Add to pot.
- Open can of corn and add all contents to pot. (In season corn can be roasted then removed from stock. Then add to pot. Great flavor is in the corn stock.
- Once potatoes are finished, about ten minutes, remove half of the chowder and the whole herbs.
- Place emersion blender into the pot. Blend until creamy. If you don't have a emersion blender, use a regular blender. Remember to fill up only have way and cover with a towel, when blending hot ingredients. Then had remaining half of the unblended soup into the creamy blended pot of soup. Give it a stir, allowing a creamy and chunky texture..
- Serve in shot glasses for a fun and easy app for the holiday and the winter months ahead.
-Enjoy Chef Ko