Cherry tomatoes on top Sushi Rice wrapped with a strip of Nori
Ingredients: 1-2 Servings
- 12-15 Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- 6 Cups water Hot water
- .1 oz. Salt
- 2 Cups Sushi Rice ( Raw Short Grain White Rice)
- 1-piece Nori
- Sushi Ginger
- Wasabi (Optional)
- Black Sesame Seeds
- 3 T Rice Vinegar
- 1 T Favorite Sugar (optional)
- Bowl of Ice water
- First wash rice in colander and place wet rice into pot with 2 3/4cups of Water and Sugar(optional).
- Bring to boil and reduce heat to med-low and cover. Cook for 20 mins or until all liquid is gone. Once
- cooked, remove cover of pot and stir. Remove the rice into a large mixing bowl. Mix with rice paddle
- and add the rice vinegar-small amounts at a time while stirring softly. Cover and set aside or in the
- In a pot bring 3 cups of water to a boil, then reduce heat to med-low. Place tomatoes on a cutting
- board, with a paring knife, make an X on the non-stem end. Cut into tomatoes ¼ of an inch.
- Place tomatoes into water and turn off heat. With a slotted spoon, remove tomato one at a time
- once the skin has split down the side. This should only take 60-90 seconds so stay at the pot and
- constantly stir, allowing all the tomatoes to get an even steep.
- In an ice bath blanch each tomato once it splits. Keep in the ice bath for 10 seconds, then place on
- cutting board. Do this to all tomatoes.
- Cut stem side off on all tomatoes and then then deskin all. Cut each tomato in half and deseed. On a
- paper towel, pad each piece dry, removing any extra moisture or seeds.
- Nori cut into ¼ inch strips.
- Make Nigiri pieces and top with two pieces of tomato divided by a strip of Nori, top with black
- sesame seeds and sushi ginger and wasabi on the side.
-Enjoy Chef Ko