Cauliflower Mash is a great alternative to classic mashed potatoes.
Serves 6 people
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 6 cups of water
- 2 heads of Cauliflower
- 2 yellow onions
- 2 clove of garlic
- Butter & Half and Half optional
- Salt to fit
- In a large pot, turn the heat to med-low, and add 1 T of olive oil.
- Cut onions into wedges, and cut florets out of the heads of cauliflower. Add to the pot.
- Slow cook and turn once golden brown on each side
- Add 6 cups of water and cover. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until the Cauliflower is tender. The water should be mostly gone at this point. If there is some excess water, strain it out.
- Once done, mash the cauliflower and onion with a masher or place into a blender or food processor. Optional here to then add butter and half and half. Add salt.
- Place in serving bowl
- Top with green onion and garlic gravy, or serve alone.
-Enjoy Chef Ko